Friday, June 15, 2007

Third attempt and other garbage

As the title of this entry so bluntly states, this is my third attempt at a blog. Needless to say, the other two are dead. They're kulangot the network of nasal folicles that we commonly refer to as the world wide web. They're e-grabage and i-shit.

Truth be told, I don't expect very many people to read this blog but I need to practice my writing and the thought of how many half filled journals I have lying around the house from my childhood to my late adolescence makes me cringe with the idea that I'm wasting one more leaf off of one more tree that should be out there providing us with oxygen to breath and nourishment to eat. On the other hand, maybe if I have a blog and a journal, the options might help to motivate me. But that's a digression not meant to be elaborated on for today. Besides, that would totally pull the rug out from under the fist sentence of my second paragraph.

A little bit about myself:

I write.
I climb mountains.
I go to college
I go to mass in a Catholic church.
I love my parents.
I travel as far as I can for as long as I can get away and as frequently as possible for as cheap as remains convenient.

But more importantly:

I used to climb rocks and walls.
I used to run.
I used to play the piano.
I used to design posters and t-shirts.
I used to sketch pictures.
I used to go boxing.
I used to go rowing.
I used to play capoeira.
I used to read books.
I used to be in a band.
I used to do archery.
I used to bike everywhere.

I have a tendency to sacrifice everything that I have going for me in exchange for one thing that I feel like doing at the time. My entire life, my mom has been telling me that I should learn to balance my work. I have yet to learn.

I would have left the country to follow my second girlfriend to the states and I almost left the country for Japan on scholarship (that I didn't get) effectively leaving my current girlfriend behind.

In those video games where you get to choose your own character at the begining and you can never go back and change your mind, I always choose the most well rounded character like Ferrik from Children of Mana and the red mages of the Final Fantasy series. I never choose the ones that can be experts at weapons but weak in magic or vice versa. Then I'd get tired of him and play with the other cool characters.

Oh yeah, I'm twenty-one and I still play those kind of video games.

My name is Andrew Robles.